One would think the government knows quite well where we are, with all the apps and QR codes we're scanning whenever we go anywhere... guess not?
Anyway, according to this announcement on Shanghai Fabu we now have to register on the suishenban app when traveling back to Shanghai from other provinces. The announcement further explains that, "Such online registration is mandatory even if people are coming from domestic areas without COVID-19 infection or it is just a one-day trip outside Shanghai, according to the government".
From the sounds of it, it doesn't seem like there is anyone specifically checking to see that you've filled out the form but you might be held responsible if you are discovered to have not done it. So, better be safe and register before you return to Shanghai. Here's how.
Open your suishenban app, search for 来沪返沪人员服务 and fill out the form with your recent travel itenery.
Here's a detailed guide:
1) Open whatver app you are using for your PCR Codes, either the Alipay, WeChat or suishenban app directly.
2) In Alipay and WeChat, search for 随申办 to get to the landing page of the suishenban app inside Alipay and WeChat
3) Then search for 来沪返沪人员服务 and open the first result
The landing page of that app has an English option:
After you agree to the terms (in Chinese), there's no more English anywhere, despite this Shine article claiming that there's an English version available.
4) Click the left button to create a new record, or the right button to check your previous records
5) Then fill out the form. You have to choose if you last destination was a High/Medium/Low risk area (apparently the AI behind this app isn't able to apply that information). To find out the current status of the place you are, check this guide. Or ask the hotel you've stayed at.
6) You'll see a confirmation window telling you that the information will be sent to the relevant government departments and has to be accurate. Click 确认 to confirm.
7) You'll get this confirmation page. That's it. The Shanghai Fabu article says that you don't need to wait for a confirmation for this to be valid.
Thanks for being a good citizen.
This is a place for show life about china, If these articles help you life better in china, Welcome to share this website to your friends, Or you can post questions about china life in FAQ, We will help you to find the right answer.